Coronavirus (COVID-19) Taking Care of You & Your Pets
As COVID-19 continues affect our nation and California, we are committed to staying open to help your & your pets during this anxious time. Safety for you, our staff, and our veterinarians remain our top priority. We are committed to following the safety guidelines set for by the CDC and the recommendations from the California Veterinary Medical Association (CVMA) as well as the American Veterinary Medical Association( AVMA). We are doing the following at Arden Animal Hospital during this unprecedented time.
We're changing our hours of operation to 9 am - 6 pm Monday through Saturday. We will be closed for lunch daily from 1230 pm- 130 pm.
Step by Step appointment Protocol:
1. Schedule an appointment by calling us at 916-485-5412.
2. Arrive to your scheduled appointment with a charged cell phone. Please remember to have dogs on a leash and cats in a secure carrier.
3. Check in for your appointment from your car by calling us at 916-485-5412 or texting us at 916-612-7471. If you are texting us, please included your last name, pet's name, and what type and color of car you are in.
4. Wait in your car for a technician to come out and take your pet inside the clinic. When the technician arrives at your car, please have a face covering on, step out of your car and hand your pet to the technicians. Please have dogs on a leash with a well fitting collar and have cats in secure carriers. We are practicing social distancing so our technician will try to maintain 6 ft away from you as best they can as they retrieve your pet from you.
5. Keep your phone on + audible during the appointment( while your pet is inside the clinic). We may need to contact you to ask questions during the exam and our doctors WILL be calling you to discuss their exam findings and treatment plans.
6. Treatment plan costs will be done over the phone by one of your technicians once you have discussed everything with the veterinarian.
7. Checking out and payment will also be done over the phone by one of our client service representatives( CSR's). If you prefer to pay with cash or check we will make arrangements to come out to your vehicle. After we have processed your payment, we will email you your receipt. If you prefer to have a printed receipt just let us know, it is no problem at all.
8. Picking up your pet after your appointment. We will bring your pet back out to your car once everything is completed. We will also bring you any medications prescribed to your pet and any other materials or information from our doctor.
If you dropped your pet off with us please call or text us when you arrive back at the clinic to let us know you are back call 916-485-5412 or text 916-612-7471. We will bring your pet out to your car along with any medication or other materials or information the doctor wants you to have.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we try to be as safe as we can while still providing you with the personalized and excellent care your expect from us for your pet(s). We are so fortunate to have such amazing clients and patients!!!
What are we changing?
- Effective Thursday March 19th, we changed all of our office visits to drop-off/curbside exams. You can wait in your car while our doctor performs the exam or you can leave and come back a few hours later.
- All medication refill and food pick-ups will also be handled from the comfort of your car. So, plan on staying in your car when you arrive. Bring your cell phone with you so you can call us or text us when you arrive and so the doctor can talk to you about your pet.
- You will talk to the doctor over the phone so rest assured you will have time to hear what’s happening with your pet and have all of your questions answered.
What are some other things we are doing?
- We’re following the safety guidelines recommended by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the California Veterinary Medical Association(CVMA)and the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA).
- We’re asking clients who don’t feel well to stay home and reschedule their appointments.
- All sick employees are asked to stay home.
- We’re practicing social distancing (6 feet of separation between individuals) as well as good hygiene by washing our hands frequently, using alcohol based hand sanitizer, avoiding unnecessary physical contact, and covering our noses and mouth with a mask or a face covering.
- We’re taking extra steps to wipe down high touch surfaces throughout our clinic several times a day.
What can you do?
- Observe social distancing (6 feet between individuals).
- Stay in your car and call or text us when you arrive so we can help you.
- If you are sick or don’t feel well, please stay home and call us to reschedule your appointment. There is no penalty for a last minute cancellation or reschedule. You can also have a different family member or friend bring your pet to us for their appointment.
- Wash your hands with soap and water prior to visiting our hospital, even though you are just dropping your pet off with us.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a mask or face covering.
- Avoid shaking hands. We like giving a wave or thumbs up.
Working together, we can help our clinic and our community stay as safe and healthy as possible.
"We treat your pets as if they were our own"
Arden Animal Hospital is a full service companion animal hospital that has been family owned since 1979. We are committed to providing the very best quality veterinary care for your pet. Our professional facility and services are designed to support routine preventive care, early detection and treatment of disease as well as complete and progressive medical and surgical care.
We understand the special role your pet plays in your life and family and we are dedicated to becoming an active partner in your pet's health care. Our goal is to practice the highest quality compassionate care with an emphasis on the individualized needs of your pet. We welcome all of your pet healthcare questions.