Coronavirus (COVID-19) Taking Care of You & Your Pets
As COVID-19 continues to affect our nation and California, we are committed to staying open to help you & your pets during this anxious time. Safety for you, our staff, and our veterinarians remain our top priority.
Re-Opening Exam Rooms for Most Doctor Appointments
Can you believe it’s been over a year since we switched from in exam room visits to curbside service so we could safely care for you and your pets during this COVID pandemic? It feels like a lifetime ago. We miss seeing you and having these in person interactions.
We are excited to announce we will be re-opening our hospital reception area and exam rooms to you, our clients starting Monday, June 14th, 2021. We know some of you may still prefer the safety levels and convenience that come with curbside service. We will offer both options; you’ll have a choice most of the time.
We have some safety requirements that must be met for you to be eligible for this in exam room visit option. Our staff will explain the details the next time you talk with them on the phone. Here’s a brief summary:
- Clients can meet with our doctors in the exam room for annual exams and symptom exams. There are a few types of visits like work-in appointments, emergencies, and technician appointments that will continue to be curbside service.
- Food and medication pick-ups can be either in-clinic or curbside service – you choose.
- We’ll ask your preference when scheduling the appointment and we’ll confirm when you check-in.
- Since our exam rooms are tiny and our hospital reception area is small, we will need to limit the number of clients entering the clinic to one adult per appointment/exam room.
- As often as possible, we will continue to social distance. We’ll have designated places for you to take a seat during your appointment in the exam rooms and in the reception area during checkout.
- We’ll also need you to wear a face covering inside our clinic at all times.
- If you need to bring a friend or family member for assistance or your kiddos, we’ll need to stick with the curbside service for that visit.
Again – safety for everyone remains our top priority.
It’s important to note we are continuing our curbside service. We know a lot of you have enjoyed this type of service and may have safety concerns and prefer to stay in your vehicle. We’re happy to help either way.
Thank you so much for your patience, support and understanding during this COVID pandemic. Your love and appreciation have meant the world to us. It’s energized us and kept us going especially during the difficult and challenging times.
What are some other things we are doing?
- We’re following the safety guidelines recommended by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the California Veterinary Medical Association(CVMA) and the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA).
- We’re asking clients who don’t feel well to stay home and reschedule their appointments.
- All sick employees are instructed to stay home.
- We’re practicing 6 feet social distancing as well as good hygiene by washing our hands frequently, using alcohol based hand sanitizer, avoiding unnecessary physical contact, and covering our noses and mouth with a mask or a face covering.
- We’re taking extra steps to wipe down high touch surfaces throughout our clinic several times a day.
What can you do?
- Wear a mask.
- Observe social distancing (6 feet between individuals).
- If you are sick or don’t feel well, please stay home and call us to reschedule your appointment. There is no penalty for a last-minute cancellation or reschedule. You can also have a different family member or friend bring your pet to us for their appointment.
- Wash your hands with soap and water prior to visiting our hospital, even though you are just dropping your pet off with us.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Avoid shaking hands. We like giving a wave or thumbs up.
Working together, we can help our clinic and our community stay as safe and healthy as possible.
"We treat your pets as if they were our own"
Arden Animal Hospital is a full service companion animal hospital that has been family owned since 1979. We are committed to providing the very best quality veterinary care for your pet. Our professional facility and services are designed to support routine preventive care, early detection and treatment of disease as well as complete and progressive medical and surgical care.
We understand the special role your pet plays in your life and family and we are dedicated to becoming an active partner in your pet's health care. Our goal is to practice the highest quality compassionate care with an emphasis on the individualized needs of your pet. We welcome all of your pet healthcare questions.