Coronavirus (COVID-19) Taking Care of You & Your Pets
As COVID-19 continues to affect our nation and California, we are committed to staying open to help your & your pets during this anxious time. Safety for you, our staff, and our veterinarians remain our top priority.
For Everyone’s safety and peace of mind, we are taking the following steps:
- We are doing curbside service for all appointments & prescription pick-ups.
- We require all clients to wear a mask when you are in your car and we interact with you in the parking lot.
- When you arrive, stay in your car and call us to check-in.
- For your pet’s safety, please bring all cats in a secure carrier and have a leash for your dog with a well fitted collar.
- We’ll send one of our technicians out to meet you and collect your pet.
- Have your phone on and be ready to talk to our veterinarians. They will have questions for you and information about your pet’s health and well-being.
- You’ll stay in your car while your pet is being examined. Once the doctor completes the exam, they’ll give you a call to discuss findings and recommendations for treatment.
- Checking out & payment will also be done over the phone or in the parking lot.
- We’ll then bring your pet to you once the medical care is completed. We’ll bring any medications also.
Drop off exams and pick-up
- Follow the steps above for check-in.
- When you return to pick up your pet, give us a call when you arrive to check-in.
- Put your mask on so we can interact with you in the parking lot and bring your pet safely to your car.
Medication refills & pick-up
- Follow the steps above when you arrive. Call us by phone to check-in.
- Put your mask on so we can safely communicate with you and deliver your pet’s medications.
- If your pet is overdue for their exam and you’re having difficulty bringing them in for an examination, ask to speak to one of our technicians or veterinarians to see if we can make an exception and refill your pet’s medications.
What are some other things we are doing?
- We’re following the safety guidelines recommended by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the California Veterinary Medical Association(CVMA) and the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA).
- We’re asking clients who don’t feel well to stay home and reschedule their appointments.
- All sick employees are instructed to stay home.
- We’re practicing 6 feet social distancing as well as good hygiene by washing our hands frequently, using alcohol based hand sanitizer, avoiding unnecessary physical contact, and covering our noses and mouth with a mask or a face covering.
- We’re taking extra steps to wipe down high touch surfaces throughout our clinic several times a day.
What can you do?
- Wear a mask.
- Observe social distancing (6 feet between individuals).
- If you are sick or don’t feel well, please stay home and call us to reschedule your appointment. There is no penalty for a last-minute cancellation or reschedule. You can also have a different family member or friend bring your pet to us for their appointment.
- Wash your hands with soap and water prior to visiting our hospital, even though you are just dropping your pet off with us.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Avoid shaking hands. We like giving a wave or thumbs up.
Working together, we can help our clinic and our community stay as safe and healthy as possible.
"We treat your pets as if they were our own"
Arden Animal Hospital is a full service companion animal hospital that has been family owned since 1979. We are committed to providing the very best quality veterinary care for your pet. Our professional facility and services are designed to support routine preventive care, early detection and treatment of disease as well as complete and progressive medical and surgical care.
We understand the special role your pet plays in your life and family and we are dedicated to becoming an active partner in your pet's health care. Our goal is to practice the highest quality compassionate care with an emphasis on the individualized needs of your pet. We welcome all of your pet healthcare questions.