Arden Animal Hospital

1823 Fulton Avenue
Sacramento, CA 95825


Health Certificates

 Traveling with your pet can be a complicated and stressful process. Whether flying across the country or moving to a new country, Arden Animal Hospital is here to make sure your pet arrives safe and sound. All of our doctors are USDA accredited and can issue health certificates for both domestic and international travel.

Domestic Travel

(Travel between the contiguous 48 U.S. States)

  • Check USDA website for individual state requirements for pets travel. Visit USDA and look under the "Pet Travel" tab.
  • If traveling by car, make sure you carry a copy of your pet's current Rabies and Vaccines Certificate.
  • If traveling by airline, you need to check with the individual airline you will be flying. Each airline has their own requirements, some may require a health certificate, letter of acclimation and or rabies certificate.

Travel to Hawaii

  • Hawaii has very strict regulations on pet import. The process to import your pet can take anywhere from 120 days to 36 months.
  • Failure to follow the requirements will result in your pet undergoing quarantine for up to 120 days.
  • For details about pet import to Hawaii go to State of Hawaii Dept of Agriculture


International Travel

  • Each country have their own regulations on pet import, some are stricter than others. It is best to check with the import country's embassy and the USDA to research the import requirements. Click here for the USDA.
  • Depending on the destination, it may be wise to hire a pet travel agency to help to you track all the details, logistics and help you book the appropriate flights.